Boys Hope Girls Hope of Nevada
4100 W. Flamingo Rd. Ste. 1200
Las Vegas, NV 89103
Boys Hope Girls Hope helps academically capable and motivated children-in-need to meet their full potential and become men and women for others. We do this by providing value-centered, family-like homes, opportunities and education through college.
Through the generosity of individuals, corporations and foundations, Boys Hope Girls Hope scholars have the opportunity of a quality education while enjoying a family-like environment where they can succeed both academically as well as in extra curriculum activities. With the emphasis on quality education, the Scholars attend college preparatory schools like Andre Agassi Prep and Bishop Gorman High School, among others.
The Scholars live in neighborhood homes with qualified live-in Residential Counselors who provide support and guidance and who make it possible for the Scholars to learn leadership, sportsmanship, loyalty, and responsibility. Boys Hope Scholars are taught that responsibility, objectivity, consistency, and sharing are part of living in a home and a community. Scholars are encouraged to find their own relationship with God, in accordance with their familyâs traditions or their own exploration. As a voluntary program, both the parents and the scholar make a commitment to embrace the opportunities given to them by the program. The scholarâs parent or legal guardian enter into a co-parenting relationship with the program insuring the child has the love and support necessary for success.
Scholars generally enter the Boys Hope Girls Hope program between the ages of 10 to 14 and live in the home until graduation from high school. They can stay in the program until they leave for a college or university of their choice.
Presently, the agency is in the early stages of building a home specifically for girls. The purpose is to offer girls in the community the same positive future of embracing a college education, an opportunity that without the partnership of many organizations and individuals like yourself would not be a reality for so many deserving youth in our community.
Boys Hope Girls Hope is currently accepting applications for both boys and girls. To learn more about how you can help or to recommend a child to our program, call 702-839-9455 or visit www.boyshopegirlshope.org.
You Can Help by Providing Goods
- Grocery store gift cards to purchase perishable food items
- Gas cards to fill the tanks of our program vehicles
- Paper products (toilet paper, tissues, paper toweling, etc.)
- 2 heavy duty vacuums
- World globe
- 6 dressers, 6 nightstands and 6 headboards for scholar bedrooms
- 10 - 12 dining room chairs or a dining room set
- 6 twin bed heavy duty frames
- 3 computer desks with chairs
- Outdoor patio furniture
You Can Help by Volunteering
- Committees - If you have special skills in the areas of finance, human resources, fundraising, marketing, public relations, and/or property management and construction we need you.
- Mentors - Remember that special someone in your life? Become a Boys Hope Girls Hope mentor and become a friend for life. Spend a couple hours a week with a Scholar and see the difference you can make. You may be surprised to realize the difference you make is not only in the life of a Scholar, but also in you.
- Homework Helpers - If you have a knack for science, math, reading, history or foreign languages we need you. A couple hours a week sharing your passion could make all the difference in getting a passing grade.
- Dinner Moms/Dinner Dads - Whether you are a gourmet chef or just love to flip burgers on the backyard BBQ, our kids want to taste your "secret" recipes. Dinner Moms and Dads plan for and then come to the house and prepare an evening meal once a month.
- Divas 4 HOPE - an opportunity for women to come together with the common goal of promoting,supporting and championing Boys Hope Girls Hope - all while having fun! Divas organize and coordinate events for Scholars, host small unique fundraising events helping to secure additional funds, and provide Collegians with the necessary items to start a new school year, as well as send care packages throughout the school year. The sky is the limit for our Divas. If an activity is for the enrichment of a Scholar or the overall program, Divas For HOPE will take it on and make it a success.
You Can Help by Offering Your Services
24/7 residential program for academically capable and motivated at-risk children ages 10 to 18.