Family Promise of Las Vegas
320 S. 9th street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Family Promise was established as a nonprofit in April, 1996, and is a unique project that deals specifically with homeless families in the Las Vegas valley. Our commitment is to find and implement long-term solutions to low-income and homeless families in our communities. We are not a religious organization although religious belief motivates many of our volunteers and supporters. Churches and synagogues, faith houses, shelter our guests. Our mission: Partnering with faith houses and community organizations, we assist families in the Las Vegas Valley to transition from homelessness to stability and independence through compassionate guidance, shelter and education.
Our mission is to:
* Coordinate an interfaith collaboration to provide hospitality, shelter, meals and other support services to homeless families.
* Provide structure and compassionate guidance to assist families in their efforts to secure jobs, housing and stability.
* Provide a safe, healthy and homelike environment for the families in the program.
* Offer members of different faith communities an opportunity to work in an outreach ministry within their own faith building, church, mosque or synagogue.
* Become a catalyst for other service initiatives such as job counseling, parenting classes, etc.
* Develop a support network to serve families during and after their stay in the program.
* Witness to the Las Vegas community a compassionate and effective way to respond to homelessness.
You Can Help by Providing Goods
Family Promise needs many things such as household goods, clothing, diapers (all sizes), bus tokens, towels, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, furniture and much, much more to our families. Items must be clean and in good condition. Damaged or soiled goods will not be accepted. All donations are tax-deductible. Please donate household goods and furniture to "A Lift Up Furniture Bank." All types of toiletries for infants through adult; diapers, career clothing, children's books, laptops.
You Can Help by Volunteering
Family Promise volunteers give of their hearts and they find blessings as never seen before. Volunteers may be asked to fix or deliver food (to host sites), fix or deliver food to families, help with general chores, read stories to children and more.
You Can Help by Offering Your Services
Web site maintenance/design, office tasks, internet research, data entry, public relations, fundraising...