Las Vegas Youth Orchestras
PO Box 98151
Las Vegas NV 89193-8151
Empowering youth through music.
Engaging them in study and work that culminates in performances that entertain and enrich audiences in our community and inspires other young people to learn about the arts.
Providing positive means to divert negative distractions that young people are subject to in life.
Our program creates an environment where youth are surrounded by peers with similar interests, ambitions and goals. The finest instructional staff are our resources, and the rigor, relevance, and relationships developed through participation in our program (admitted by annual auditions) is of the highest standard and produces outstanding results. LVYO has served southern NV for over 30 years. Our first successful overseas Tour was to Salzburg, Vienna and Prague in 2008 and we are now preparing to go on Tour to China this June 2011. We are credentialed in receiving grants from the Nevada Arts Council and licensed by copyright agencies (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC).
Serving youth in southern Nevada and representing southern NV with the single, largest youth orchestra program.
Admittance is by annual audition.
Four progressive and tiered levels comprise the Las Vegas Youth Orchestras (LVYO).
We meet to rehearse once a week at a location that is central to all.
Our concert season consists of three to four main concerts a year.
LVYO is an equal opportunity program in that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, economic circumstance, gender or national origin. Financial Need Scholarships are available for those who qualify.
You Can Help by Providing Goods
1. New Home (we must vacate our current rehearsal facility by June 30, 2011 if not sooner) Notice was given by the City of Las Vegas.
2. We need music stands, music stand racks, and orchestra chairs (replacement stands due to age and deterioration, orchestra chairs for student rehearsals - our present chairs belong to the facility which is City owned)
3. We need replacement percussion instrument parts and new percussion instruments to replace aged and deteriorated instruments
You Can Help by Offering Your Services
1. Searching for new Board Members who are able to contribute service or networking with donors who share common vision and goals with LVYO
2. Searching for partnerships with organizations, corporations or agencies within the community that can strengthen LVYO and allow us to continue with our upward growth pattern with the Program