178 Westminster Way
Henderson, NV 89015
HopeLink's mission is to change lives by intervening with families to impact poverty and prevent homelessness.
HopeLink is the acronym for Henderson Allied Community Advocates - Family Resource Center. HopeLink has been in existence since 1991. It received its nonprofit corporation status in 1994, and its Family Resource Center designation in 1997 is a state-awarded designation that ensures that certain human services are provided to people living within specific zip code areas.
HopeLink provides temporary assistance to those who may need a helping hand. HopeLink assists people in becoming self-sustaining and helps them build skill sets so they are not at risk of homelessness with each potential crisis. Breaking the cycle of poverty through education and future planning is the goal with every family assisted at HopeLink. In 2006, HopeLink provided services to approximately 1,900 unduplicated households.
* Rental assistance for emergency shelter, transitional housing and subsidized housing
* Utility assistance
* Prescription assistance
* Breakfast Bookworm, a children's literacy promotion program taking place once per month in four Henderson elementary schools
* Family Intervention and Support Program, a collaborative effort between HopeLink and four Henderson elementary schools working with Child Protective Services personnel to aid families that may need support systems to prevent abuse and neglect
* Community Service Referral Program, a program with the Clark County and Henderson criminal courts to refer offenders to HopeLink for mandated community service hours.
* Educational Resource Lab, a year-round resource area available for Internet research, word processing projects, job searches, school projects, GED training, and tutoring. This lab is located in the HopeLink facility and is open to any client with a need.
* Back 2 School Celebration, a community-wide collaborative event which provides school supplies and clothing to over 1000 Henderson area children
* Hope-A-Ween, a safe and fun carnival atmosphere in which neighborhood children can celebrate Halloween.
* Thanksgiving Baskets, a nutritious meal delivered to shut in seniors within the Henderson area.
* Candy Cane Kids, a holiday event that provides gifts to local area children incorporated into an afternoon of celebration.
Listen to these Community Connections profiles.
You Can Help by Providing Goods
Gently used clothing and small household items.
You Can Help by Volunteering
Administrative assistance, event planning, committee work, and education for clients.
You Can Help by Offering Your Services
Accounting services, minimal legal services, and cleaning services.